Wife has a house listed right now at something like 123k. Been on the market several months no activity. If it was lowered to about 120k it would be gone. Guy calls and wants to raise the price to 159k.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dwight there seems to be this theory amongst people who do not sell for a living that if you put something on the street way over priced you will attract heavy hitter buyers who just know no better. Case in point. Last fall I looked at a 1975 240d in Pittsburgh. Well keep, little rust around 100k original and confirmable miles. Guy wanted 5K I made an offer lower. It had things wrong with it HVAC wise which is why I brought my price down. Car was a fine example. He said to me if it did not sell he was going to readvertise at $9K and see if he could invite a "different" class of buyers. I just saw it advertised somewhere still has not sold but it is at the higher price. People who do not sell for a living (I sell large power plant systems, big ticket stuff) sometimes tend to think they are sitting on gold. An item is really worth what you can sell it for in the next few days or a week otherwise it is over priced. People do this pricing switching all the time in real estate especially in LA, SF New England and New York where the billionaires are making it tough for the millionaires.

Regards Tom
1979 240D

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 (2x) 91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL,