Larry T you wisdom is true and priceless.

Regards Tom
----- Original Message ----- From: "LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] beyond crack

Hi Tom,
   Interesting story - evidently there are people that you describe - and
they evidently believe people who have a bit of money stashed away either
are so rich they throw their money away as fast as possible.  The other
possibility is they believe they will attract someone with a big bank
account who is so ignorant of the value of the item for sale that they will
pay whatever is asked.

Sadly - for those of us who would like a *lot* of money - is those kinds
of people do not exist,  Sure, there's the Paris Hiltons of the world who
value nothing and no one - but she's unlikely to spot a classic 30 year old
Diesel and fall in love with it.   *Very* unlikely - to the point of being
ridiculous..

   We've all seen adverts for cars that will never sell for the requested
price.  I saw an ad in our local paper advertising a 78 or 79 MB 240D with
around 90K miles said to be an ex-White House vehicle - asking price?
$100,000.00!!

   He obviously valued that car  much more than any other sane person
would.

   Which bring up another possibility - an insane person with a bag of
money might see the car and decide (because he's insane - that he's *gotta*
have that car.  Highly unlikely.

I can only believe the hopeful seller is the most optimistic person who
ever walked this planet.  And he wasted $25 or $30 for a newspaper advert.
to boot -

   But your comment about people raising the price when an overpriced car
fails to sell is even more amazing!  I wonder what kind of thought process
drives them?  Perhaps none at all?

   I guess those kind of sellers who believe people with some money in the
bank got it there by doing stupid things financially.  I've known a few
people in my days on earth - some were pretty dim, others pretty smart with
some in the middle.  But *none* thought throwing money away was a good
thing.

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/
.