Euan,

Where in NZ are you? I'm meant to be there in a month or so.

Dennis T

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Euan
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 1:56 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] Trembling on the brink of (t)reason

Hi there family

Yesterday, I parked beside the rarest of rarities in NZ. A 1979 280TE,
NZ-new, 2 owners, auto-trans with ... wait for it... 50 K original miles
on the clock. And the owners may be thinking of selling it.

So in the even rarer event that SWMBO would agree to owning a second
W123 estate, I'm all-atremble at the prospect of making an offer for it.

But first I need wise counsel. Aside from the obvious differences
(petrol = thirsty but gruntier - no more making written applications to
overtake on the highway), how do the 280 TEs differ from my cherished
300TD? What kinds of problems are endemic to this breed?

I noticed also that, at rest, this beauty rode a lot higher in the rear
than my 205K mile wagon. Why would that be, do you think? Will the
imminent replacement of my suspension struts jack my butt up too?

Thanks

Euan

1985 300TD 5-spd manual
205K mi