right, but i just don't have the time to mess with diagnosis and replacement
of a transmission in a $500 car that I don't need.  But given the low
interest in parts from this car (e.g. seats, wood trim, engine, turbo, etc)
I'm probably goign to pass.

That, and the guy hasn't emailed me back.

On 2/1/07, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Sunil Hari" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> because i have no desire to drive another automatic 300D - and it
> would be worth more in parts than as a running car.  esp. when a
> tranny issue could cost thousands.

Is there a chance it's just the B2 piston issue -- the repair kit is
pretty cheap and it is not that hard to install (I have a writeup
somewhere that I created when I fixed mine, which I can remail to the
list if anyone wants it)

Allan
--
1983 300D