Agreed Kaleb!! People think parting out a car is so freakin easy...........Just pull a few parts and throw them on E-bay.........If you've never done it get ready for a surprize when parting a car turns into a 40 hour a week job for a month. Just providing shipping quotes to non buyers can be a very demanding task if you have no idea who to contact and who will ship what.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] local benz for sale

There is a lot more work than you might think in parting out a car
properly.  Then there is the storage of the parts, identifying what all
cars a certain part will fit, collecting payment, packing and shipping
the part etc.

Sunil Hari wrote:
right, but i just don't have the time to mess with diagnosis and replacement
of a transmission in a $500 car that I don't need.  But given the low
interest in parts from this car (e.g. seats, wood trim, engine, turbo, etc)
I'm probably goign to pass.

That, and the guy hasn't emailed me back.