"andrew strasfogel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I decided to splurge and replace all my glow plugs for my 1983 W123
> 300TD wagon.

I just did mine a few weeks ago.

> 1) Does it matter what brand I purchase?  Cost seems to range
>    between @ $8 - $12.

Bosch or Beru are recommended.  I've heard not to mix brands, not sure
if it really matters, but if you are replacing them all it's moot.

> 2) What tools will I need?  How long will it take (I am somewhat
> experienced)?

Wrenches.  If you have deep sockets and flex adapters that will help,
stubby combination wrenches are also useful.  Getting at the plugs can
be a little tight unless you have really small hands.

> 3) Are there any pitfalls?

On one of the plugs, I had trouble loosening the small nut that holds
the wire on.  Ended up twisting the stem off of the plug.  Other than
that I had no difficulty; about like changing spark plugs.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230