On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:16:23 -0500 "Dwight E. Giles, Jr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> My driver's side window slowly failed last winter, finally got it up by
> hand and then left it there-was tricky getting toll and parking lot
> tickets.  I ordered a new regulator from Rusty (about $59.00 IIRC ) and
> put it in last spring. Mine was a problem because the little plastic
> spacer/anti rattle clip had dislodged and I had to break it off. I
> reassembled it without and now the window reverberates when I close the
> door hard.  Not a bad job when weather warms up.

My driver's door regulator has done the same thing. Took it apart last
Saturday and found the pivot-point repair job I had done in Austin, TX
while a graduate student was failing. Put the regulator back in, rolled
the window (almost) all the way up, and it failed. Took the crank off and
put it in the glove box as a reminder that the window doesn't work. It's
interesting showing my badge to the guards at work -- I have to open the
door and poke it out the top.

Put it on my list to call Rusty about getting a new regulator. The one
time at work I did remember, no one answered Rusty's phone. I'll have to
call this coming week. My wife has a little trouble understanding how I
can get involved with things at work and just space it out. Oh well.

Craig