only real pitfall I remember was accessing the plugs - I got a 12mm
ratcheting wrench and all issues there went away.  Couldn't manage to get a
deep socket on the rearmost GP in my 84 300D.

When you remove the small nut attaching the wire to the plug, it helps to
have something under it to catch it - they're a PITA if they fall and get
lost.

On 2/2/07, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"andrew strasfogel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I decided to splurge and replace all my glow plugs for my 1983 W123
> 300TD wagon.

I just did mine a few weeks ago.

> 1) Does it matter what brand I purchase?  Cost seems to range
>    between @ $8 - $12.

Bosch or Beru are recommended.  I've heard not to mix brands, not sure
if it really matters, but if you are replacing them all it's moot.

> 2) What tools will I need?  How long will it take (I am somewhat
> experienced)?

Wrenches.  If you have deep sockets and flex adapters that will help,
stubby combination wrenches are also useful.  Getting at the plugs can
be a little tight unless you have really small hands.

> 3) Are there any pitfalls?

On one of the plugs, I had trouble loosening the small nut that holds
the wire on.  Ended up twisting the stem off of the plug.  Other than
that I had no difficulty; about like changing spark plugs.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230