temp -10F and told 1 1/2 hours plug in time for my 81 300 TD to start almost instantly

bill

Jim Cathey wrote:
Do the Mercedes block heaters have any sort of thermostatic control or are they always on when plugged in? Also, is there a chart of time required to
heat up an engine based on outside temps?

Plugged-in == heat.  Simple.  I find that between 1-2 hours gives you
everything that can be gotten, more time is a waste.  Unless it is
particularly cold, even 1/2 hour will help markedly.

-- Jim