Frederick Moir wrote:
Hi, All.
It's too cold and windy to go out and check my brakes on the 190DT, so I'll ask
dumb questions in the warm.
Whilst driving yesterday I heard a right rear brake scrape when nearly stopped.
Looked thru the wheel, nothing. The brakes were done about 2 months ago, by me,
new disks and pads and shoes from Rusty (All Hail Rusty!), so the only things
that I can think of are:- Seized caliper or blocked hose or? All comments
reviewed for content.

A pad hanging because there's some ice on the caliper can do it. An emergency brake shoe can drag when cold or when the holding spring fails (fairly common). A rock or piece of ice can result in a "scraping sound." So can a piece of e-brake shoe that's cracked off the backing plate. Lots of possibilities - and I've experienced them all. You'll need to determine which one by checking them one at a time.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)