Peter,

This whole thing reminds me of the days when it was accepted fact that Volvo
was the absolute safest car in the world. And Volvo had the "data" to prove
their statement - they had millions of miles of driving, traffic accident &
fatality data to prove they were way ahead of everyone else.

Then a company did an independent study & found a Volvo to be no safer than
any other car the same size. When they uncovered this "fact", they searched
further & discovered that the typical Volvo owner was a more conservative
driver than a typical owner of the "other brands"! This led to the
realization that it was the Volvo driver, not the Volvo that made the Volvo
the safest car in the world! That's right, the safest car in the world's
safety record had nothing at all to do with the car itself!

In other words, Volvo took two completely irrelevant sets of data &
associated them because they tracked together.

And my point is? You are correct, the evidence is there for anyone to look
at, or so it would seem. Or are we correlating two unrelated sets of data?

And by the way, you do know that the earth was so warm from 1100 through
1300 that the Vikings were grazing livestock on what now is ice bound
Greenland? They abandoned Greenland because the area got too cold to support
grazing animals. And I doubt that we were dumping massive quantities of CO2
into the air around 1100!

Also, grapes were being grown in Northern Europe until about the same time,
when the temperatures got to cold to support grape production.

It's also true that today's temperature changes are tracking lock step with
increased sun spot activity.

So what is the cause? Sun spots? CO2? Cow flatulence?

I'm not arguing the fact that we are experiencing global warming. Only that
so far, there is no hard link between the temperature changes and any cause,
including elevated CO2. And we really don't know where the Earth's
temperature is going, how high it will rise, how quickly it will rise or
where it will stop. Or maybe it's going to drop????????

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com
256-656-1924