David Brodbeck wrote:

> Any ham will tell you sun spot activity increases and decreases on a
> 22-year-cycle.  Are you saying there's a similar 22-year cycle of
> temperature increases and decreases?

I can remember the nature magazines telling us that global cooling
was caused by humans, seems like that was around 1970. I also remember
the summer of the sunspots (1981?). One time I had severe interference
on Flint's channel 12 TV station (I was near Lansing). I turned the
antenna around, and found I got a nice clear picture with the antenna
pointed at Milwaukee. It was quite a novelty, watching Wisconsin TV
in mid-Michigan with a medium sized antenna.
Mitch.