Curt Raymond wrote:
What'd the temp gauge for the engine read? My 190D is toasty warm within half
an hour no matter how cold it is out. My 240D was as good or maybe even
better...

When the temp exceeds 20 below (F) in any of my 201s, it's hard to keep the cabin OR even the engine temp in the proper range without resorting to blocking air flow into the engine compartment. I made several 250+ mile trips when temps were between 20-30 below (F) and they were NOT fun. My 300TD is a little better (but when it's really cold the rear of the wagon and even the center seats are NOT warm).

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)