So all this talk about Asian cars going 100K miles without maintanence can
not be true. Right off the bat, you have to change out the timing belt every
60K or so miles.

On 2/6/07, David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Peter Frederick wrote:
> Japanese cars DO require less work than American ones -- I've had way
too many friends who have driven them hundreds of thousands of miles with
nothing but tires, oil changes, and brakes -- and sometimes not even brakes.

They can be a pain to work on when they *do* break, though.  If you ever
have to change the alternator in a Honda Civic you'll see what I mean.
Hint: step 1 is "remove driver's side drive axle."

I think they way Honda stamps the required socket size on the head of
each bolt is a rather nice touch, though.  If it says "10", you reach
for the 10mm socket.  No guessing required.