Absolutely, one more event like that and I'll replace the stupid switch just to
save my own sanity...

-Curt

Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:37:32 -0700
From: "Bob Rentfro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] argh, Wimmins!
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

You realize this is somehow your fault, right?

Bob R.

---------------------------------
Never miss an email again!
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wed Feb 07 16:29:45 2007
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:21:47 -0500
From: "Werner Fehlauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Are these legit workshop manual CDs?

That does sound like tight valves, keeping the compression too low to build
up enough heat to combust the fuel.  And yes, with everything working
properly (glow system, fuel, battery) I still believe that 10 seconds is
plenty long enough (I get concerned if I don't hear the engine fire up after
3 revolutions, which isn't very long at all).
My JD4100 (1 liter, 3 cyl Diesel) which doesn't get run often in the winter,
may take 5-8 revolutions to fire up, which still is probably only 5 seconds
or so!  And it has no block heater, and the battery is 5 years old.
Werner