"Levi Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Also, what about the M1 10w-40 "for high mileage engines" would this be fine
> for old Benz' and perhaps offer a slight increase in cranking speed on these
> 0F days?

M1 0W-40 is approved for MB light diesels (or was -- would not
surprise me if Mobil had reformulated it along with everything else
every six months).

I used it for one change, and thought the engine sounded too clattery.
With 15w50 was much quieter and did not noticeably impair cranking
speed on cold mornings.

OW-40 might be good, though, in *really* cold areas.

Allan

--
1983 300D
1966 230