The 1985 300 CD is leaking fuel from the TOP of the main fuel filter
canister, right under the 19 mm (?) bolt that secures the filter.  I can't
possibly tighten it any more.  I wonder if there is a small metal gasket
that should be there belowe the head of the bolt - does anyone know?  The
car is really nice so it offends me to smell the fuel aroma coming from
under the hood when the engine is purring away.  :(

Andrew
1985 300CD
1983 300TD