To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 3:33 PM
Subject: [MBZ] 300SD -- Glow plug lights don't always go out

Hello all,

Looking for some list wisdom.

What does it mean when the glow plug light won't go out?

My 85 300SD light often stays lit until the car starts. I wait the usual
number of seconds (I have another 300SD), before starting it.

Lately the light will come back on after the car has been running for a
few seconds. I turn the engine off and restart it, waiting a bit longer
than before, and the light will go out when the engine starts. Sometimes have to repeat this process a three or four times.

The engine always starts promptly.

Thanks,

Martin Buck
85 300SD