Mitch - with most lifts that have a pre-drilled, welded on base plate, it would be nearly impossible to have imbedded threaded studs in smooth concrete for the base. And these are BIG bolts, not easy to bend without a torch! The way they want you to do it in the installation instructions is you erect the posts in the correct location and orientation, THEN drill the holes using the base plate as the "template". The anchor bolts really expand and seize in the drilled holes nicely - I went back several months later, after lifting up some heavy cars (SD's, F150 4x4) and found them to still be just as tightly held as when I first put them in. I did make sure to put in some extra re-bar in the concrete (careful to avoid where I had to drill holes for the bolts), so that the slab would be a stronger "plate" under the posts. I suppose you could make a drill template from the lift base plate (might have to make one for each post in case they are different), and then somehow hold the threaded studs in perfect alignment while the concrete sets - but that's not what I would want to try.
Werner

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Got a Lift?

Werner Fehlauer wrote:
The floor needs to be 4-6" of 3000# concrete, and its a snap to rent the
proper concrete drill for a couple of hours from Home Depot to drill the
8 holes for installing the anchor bolts.

I always wanted to cast the mounts into the concrete rather than drill.
I'd love to have four huge u-bolts under the concrete, even if I have
to bend them myself to get the right spacing. Adviseable or not?