Andrew - as you can see in the ads you cite, there are pros and cons for whatever you choose. The lift with the most clear, unobstructed working area, is the 2 post with overhead equalizing cables and lines. Unfortunately, that is also the one needing the most height clearance. You have to choose what works for you.

One related issue is the delivery of the lift to your home. The larger lifts are well over 1000# and shipped by motor freight. The trucker will be MOST unhappy if, after locating your driveway, you cannot lift the item off his truck. I was lucky in that I had a compact tractor with bucket, so that I could lift one end and slide it off on to the ground, then lift the other end so that the trucker could drive the truck out from under the load. (my tractor will only lift about 750 lbs with the bucket, about half of the lift shipping weight). Just something to consider!

Werner

----- Original Message ----- From: "andrew strasfogel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Got a Lift?

Werner - I think this would work for me as I could probably align the posts
between the rafters to accommodate the 113" ht.  Is yours the same?

http://www.pantherlifts.com/9K_two_post_lift.html

On 2/13/07, Werner Fehlauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andrew - check out www.geusa.com - that's where I bought my Bend-Pak
XP-10AC
a few years ago, when they had a sale.  They do show a low ceiling lift
that
still requires 113" clearance for the posts.  Less than that, you may be
looking at a 4-post or something like that.

Werner