-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jim Cathey
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:18 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Today's Puzzler

> I continue to be dumbfounded that almost nobody follows Mercedes'
> recommendation that once you start cranking, KEEP cranking until the
> engine starts - DO NOT STOP CRANKING - DO NOT TRY A SECOND TIME

I would modify this for an older knob-start machine, as they shut
of GP current while cranking.  If you didn't heat for long enough
additional cranking may be pointless.  Key-start cars keep glowing
while cranking, different rules!

No doubt the correct procedure is in these cars' owner's manuals,
but by this time a lot of them are missing.  Mine is!

-- Jim