tom,

   you *are* joking, aren't you? how far back do you consider "modern"?
the lists of issues i know of with J**ps of my own and friends J**ps and ChryCo minivans would fill pages; fortunately, none of the J**ps were bought as sole daily drivers (but rather to use for what J**ps can be built to do), with the expectations that they would need to be 'sorted out'. some of them were as simple as door handles being fastened poorly enough that lady passengers were able to pull them off, others were alignment issues serious enough to cause a vehicle to dive into the oncoming lane under heavy braking. (and you don't want to hear about how many transmissions i went through under warranty before i finally got one that seems to be holding together, though it still doesn't shift as well as the original did before it started to hemorrhage ATF...)

cheers!

Tom Hargrave wrote:
Peter,

I agree that this is serious & should not have happened but I also would say
that it's not a "horrific build quality" issue that others accuse American
car manufacturers of.

And for the record, our last three new Chrysler products, a Dodge truck and
two Jeeps have had zero manufacturing defects & the newest of the here is
now a little over one year old! But our youngest Son's new Honda also had no
defects.

Except for the occasional reported Quality issue, modern cars are amazingly
defect free. Anyone reporting "horrific build quality" issues against any
major auto manufacturer, particularly an American manufacturer, is
delivering a huge load of horse sh*t!!!!!

That's why I challenged Curt to "go to a Ford, GM and Chrysler dealer and
find any new car build quality issues & then report them, in detail, to this
list!". He won't be able to.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com