Tom,

    you're going back farther than anything i was talking about,... i
thought we were talking about something significantly more "modern"!    ;-)

    FWIW, none of the J**ps in question were anything but the straight 6
4.0 Liters, and almost all of them were the allegedly bulletproof AW4
trannys... but i got several of those trannys last year alone... and 2
of those had no-go components failures repaired before they were
replaced completely due to other issues... the most recent ChryCo
minivan i saw go away was also because of transmission problems, not
engine issues.
    the pulling problem i was speaking of was related to suspension
issues; not brakes,... (that's why i said "alignment".) this was on the
same vehicle that didn't even have its battery bolted down when it was
delivered new!
    if it makes you feel any bester, it's not just ChryCo; my sister
recently returned her "Ford Tough®" pickup under the California Lemon
Law... maybe my family's funny that way, but we expect stuff to work!   ;-)

    looking at truly more modern data, i find it appalling that the
industry standard for Initial Quality last year is still over 120
defects per 100 vehicles. (the best American vehicle was only 7th, and
there were only 2 Americans in the Top Ten. Chrysler was not one of them.)

    even the best manufacturer in last years Initial Quality survey had
'only' 91 defects per 100 vehicles. if any of us were to have a better
performance than that and were faulty, say, even *just* 80% of the time,
we wouldn't be able to keep a job!

    you may have been very lucky with your last 3 vehicles, but given
the odds, i find it statistically unlikely you've had "zero defects";
perhaps you're much more accepting, or you just haven't noticed yet.   ;-)

cheers!