Hendrik Riessen wrote:

> If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious. Perhaps they could make a sitcom
> out of the workings of the CIA and the other government agencies that love
> to burn up taxpayer money whilst having very little to show for it.

The CIA's training and arming of Bin Laden has a big smoking hole in the
ground in New York to show for it.

> I have read rumours that the CIA doesn't want to find Osama because he has
> too much dirt on them, this probably stems from keeping "enemy combatants"
> in legal limbo down there in Cuba.

This probably because they trained him and financed his efforts against the
Russians in Afganistan so many years ago.

Soon after September 2001, public service announcements on USA television
told us "Do you want to finance international terrorism? If you buy illegal
drugs, you probably already have". The very first time I saw it, I thought
"...If you pay federal taxes, you definitely already have".
I always wanted to record that PSA, overdub the soundtrack, burn it to DVD,
and mail it to 500 TV stations to see how many of them put it on the air w/o
watching it first.

Mitch.