Kaleb is on to something.
As I stated earlier, it did get very low on oil (4 quarts).
I guess the next thing to do is pull the oil pump pan and hope to see
# 1 and 2 rods.
I figured a basic rebuild (valves/guides, timing gears and chain, main
and rod bearings, piston rings, gaskets and neccessary
prechamber/injector resealing) runs ~ $ 800 in parts. If there is a
bad piston or rod, that is costly.
What is a lively, low milage (<150k) OM 617.95x worth?
Kaleb, do you have one?