Parents are probably the worst people to train their kids to drive, for one thing they have probably picked up a load of bad habits over the years and another problem is subconcious overlooking of mistakes. I guess the question is would people be happy to fly in a plane piloted by someone who was trained by their Mum/Dad/Uncle/etc vs a professional piloting instructor?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Opinion pls! on What are the Odds post

Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

YES!

Chuck is right.  DT is worthless! PLEASE instruct your kids how to
drive, independently of the PC garbage from the schools.

Hm.  My training was from a private driving school, not the public
school program.  In fact the public schools do not offer driver
training in my community, which is why a private school or parental
instruction are the only options.  Insurance offers a discount for
passing the school program, but none for parental instruction.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230