Shame you guys don't have the American Coast Guard to assist with these
situations.   :-)

In the winter of '80 (I think it was, might have been '79 or '78) we rescued
the SAME GUY THREE TIMES by helicopter because he tried to walk from Cape
Cod to Nantucket over the frozen water. (You non US- or non right-coast guys
consult a map to get the full impact -- you can't fix stupid.)