To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Gullible

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:06:03 -0500 "LT Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Shame you guys don't have the American Coast Guard to assist with these
situations.   :-)

In the winter of '80 (I think it was, might have been '79 or '78) we
rescued the SAME GUY THREE TIMES by helicopter because he tried to walk
from Cape Cod to Nantucket over the frozen water. (You non US- or non
right-coast guys consult a map to get the full impact -- you can't fix
stupid.)

You're right; how he could expect the 10 miles or so of Nantucket Sound
between the sand bars to freeze solid enough to walk on is pretty amazing.

Craig