A full pickup load is a cord.  Very roughly.

And by full, I mean FULL.  Mounded up above the roof height
in the center, all the way back.  The guys that deliver
commercially usually have plywood sides on the truck.  They
way to do that is to make a reference stack (or ten) then
load the truck.  Once you're used to how a full cord looks
in the truck then you dispense with the reference stacking.

I believe that's what they call a "face cord" - it has the width and height
of a cord but not the depth.

A stack of single sticks of wood 4' high 8' long is a face cord.
Not a particularly useful measure for any commercial purpose.

Might be in a full sized 3/4 ton pickup... 1/2 ton you can't go full
height or you'll be draggin the rear end too low to get ...
Dodge Dakota ... narrower ... 6' bed ... S10 ... 3 trips

I said pickup truck, not grocery getter!  :-)  My Dodge diesel
laughs at such paltry loads.  That pair of concrete barrier blocks
that weighed some 9000# it _did_ notice.

-- Jim