It only vibrates when the wheels are rolling, i.e. the driveshaft is turning.
My thinking is that the shaft flutters under no-load conditions and
smoothens out when torque is present.
The vibration is really all over, but can be felt at the steering wheel.
Feels like driving on cobble stone.

On 4/4/07, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am suspecting one of the drive shaft donuts.
>>> When I put the shifter in neutral to let it coast to the red light, I
>>> feel a vibration in the steering wheel. Put it back in "D" it goes
>>> away.

I don't really have a suggestion other than I doubt that something
towards the back like that will much affect the steering wheel.
I suspect the engine is running ratty for some reason under those
conditions.  What is the characteristic as you coast fully to a stop?

-- Jim