From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 shaking in neutral

It only vibrates when the wheels are rolling, i.e. the driveshaft is turning.
My thinking is that the shaft flutters under no-load conditions and
smoothens out when torque is present.
The vibration is really all over, but can be felt at the steering wheel.
Feels like driving on cobble stone.

On 4/4/07, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am suspecting one of the drive shaft donuts.
>
> I don't really have a suggestion other than I doubt that something
> towards the back like that will much affect the steering wheel.
> I suspect the engine is running ratty for some reason under those
> conditions.  What is the characteristic as you coast fully to a stop?
>
> -- Jim

Hans Neureiter, Houston, TX
'82 300SD, '95 E300D