Body-Ford
Engine-Cummins/Dodge
Tranny-Allison-Chevy

If only the "big Three" would pool their resources! I do like the Ford's larger rear seats and rear door opening in the crew cab models compared to the Dodge Quad Cab that I have. The 6.0L and 6.4L ProblemsStroke engines scared me away, and I really didn't want another 7.3L in a used truck. Our Dodge has been used to pull the travel trailer and to help out the local dragon boat club haul boats to several races here in the Northwest. 4 900lb boats on a 4000lb trailer along with all of the gear weighing an additional 600LB totaling around 8200lb, no sweat! They've always hauled them behind underrated tow vehicles bearly able to hold highway speeds and not really substantial enough to safely handle the load either. ON the subject of diesel engines, they're thinking of buying a used 14-16' box truck to haul the gear with a large enough diesel engine that can also pull the boats, something more powerful than the 4cyl Isuzu NPR. Any suggestions?

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula