Subject: Re: [MB] Chrysler "Sold"

DCAG just announced that it will sell Chrysler to an investment  firm,
Cerberus, for $7.5 billion. The deal is complicated, as DCAG (to be renamed
Daimler
AG--whatever happened to Benz?) will keep a 19.9-percent  interest and loan
money back to Chrysler Holdings, a subsidiary of Cerberus.  This  isn't the
deal
that the unions wanted, but they didn't get their employee ownership
dealtogether fast enough.
The net of the deal seems to be that nobody gets much  significant money, but
Cerberus will end up being able to ditch some of  Chrysler's money-losing
operations, and Daimler can go its merry way building Mercedes-Benzes again.

 See what's free at http://www.aol.com.