I agree with you on all points.  The technology is still not proven
over the long term.  Battery replacements every 5 years will be a
source of recurring unhappiness.  And what about the environmental
impact of producing and then disposing of those batteries?

As I posted the other day with reference to the TDI, the actual $$ you
will save on fuel will be fairly small and eaten by interest on the
note, opportunity cost of the new vehicle, higher insurance, etc. etc.

Allan

--
1983 300D
1966 230