I won't drink my tap water. Why would I ever feed it to my battery??

-Dave Walton

On 5/29/07, Jeff Zedic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 29/05/07, Peter Frederick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, it's out there, and I bought a lot of it when I had a mystery
> leak on the Volvo (and while the head gasket was bad on the 300D) --
> much easier to nip into the store and grab the premix and pour.
>
> Needless to say, everything is now on a steady diet of G-05 and
> distilled water.
>
> Peter

Peter,

You shouldn't use distilled water in the coolant. Use it for your battery
but not coolant. If Marshall was here he'd explain the chemistry but I
think
it may have to do with ionization. Tap water is better than distilled
unless
you have VERY hard water in your area.

Jeff Zedic