Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Last time I checked here, a bicycle _is_ a car so far as the law is
> concerned.  You treat them like such, and you ride them like such.
>
> And it stinks, last time I was forced to (single, and having my
> truck worked on at at shop that wasn't particularly close to work)
> ride on city streets some asshole in a new Hummer (pre-H2) nearly
> clipped me as he roared past me on the left in the turn lane.  (I
> was preparing to make my turn to the left.)  Totally a ticketable
> offense, but where's a cop when you need him?

I sympathize, though here in this college town it's the bicycles and
pedestrians who don't pay attention.

How many times have I had to stand on the brakes to avoid clobbering
some ipod-wearing, text-message-absorbed student who simply crosses
the street without so much as a glance to the side.

Or the bicyclists who pass a line of cars on the right, run a stop
sign, and then flip you the finger when you give them a little "heads
up" beep on the horn.

Allan
--
1983 300D