Yup.

Been there, done that, I don't have the T-shirt!

I've changed 2 on the side of the road.  This manifested as a
different type problem.  Engine would run, sounded like it had a
broken rod.  Turns out the wiring was fried inside & Under valve
covers which threw a bunch of related codes including CPS.  I cannot
fault the shop, I had told them to fix it.

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:03:40 -0400, you wrote:

>"Peter T. Arnold" wrote:
>>
>> Started runnin very rough, sounded like 7 cylinder with a broken rod!
>
>Lots of people keep a spare CPS in the glove box. Usual failure mode is
>'total lack of injection', but I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw it
>in anytime something weird is happening before going to the shop.
>The price of a Cam Position Sensor is probably up around $100 by now.
>They used to be cheaper at Navistar dealers, don't know if that still
>holds true.

Regards,

Peter T. Arnold

2007 HHR, 2.4L/Auto, LT2, Fun to drive so far
1987 300SDL  280KMI  Inherited by Grandson
1995 F-250 PowerChoke  196Kmi
1954 Metropolitan Convertible, Hanger Queen
Wife has a Cruizer, 80 Kmi, as reliable as an Ice Box, the car that is!