Well, we've had a change of heart.  Wifey is  the Vice President of the
local dragon boat club, and also happens to be the only one or who's spouse
has a large enough and powerful enough truck to pull the trailerand boats.
The total weight is around 8000#.  The organization is too cheap to get a
box truck to haul boats and gear, so the duty falls upon those who have
vehicles to take up the slack and the wear and tear, not the path that such
an organization should take, IMO.  I've taken the advice of another board
member who said "what happens if you're truck wasn't available or if you
suddenly didn't want it anymore?  He won't buy a larger travel trailer since
it will require a Diesel to pull it, and this would make him the next one
with the job to pull the boats which his V8 Dodge Dakota isn't heavy nor
powerful enough to safely perform.  Well, I've had enough, so the truck is
officially up for sale!!  The travel trailer sits most of the time, so it's
going too.  All we really need is a SUV/Van to pull OUR 21 foot boat.  I
want it to be something that gets good mileage,  is dependable, and can tow
at least 5000#.  Any suggestions?  What is the feeling on a Sprinter van?  I
don't think I want to go near $50g for the new ML320CDI, but what about the
Jeep Grand Cherokee  with the Diesel engine that's due to hit showrooms
soon?

Kevin in Portland, OR
1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula