We've had 3 3.3L vans in the family, a 1990 Dodge Grand caravan, a 1991
Plymouth Voyager and a '05 Chrysler T&C.  We also had a '97 Grand Caravan
with the 3.8L engine (don't know how similar this one is to the 3.3L).  I've
heard of the valve geometry problem with the Mitsu's and have been steering
clear of them.  I've heard so many horror stories about the electronically
controlled automatics behind the 3.3's and 3.8's, but like Mike's friend, I
was told that it's not usually the tranny components at fault, but rather
the electronics.  They are great vans, and I'd buy another one in a
heartbeat.

Kevin in Portland, OR
1983 300Sd 267Kmi, Ursula