On 7/11/07, Kevin Kraly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >dont know why the 126's go cheaper than the 123's of the same years
> >(diesels that is).
>
> My guess is that it's the size of the W126's that makes them less appealing.
> Perhaps, they're looked down upon for being the older person's car rather
> than the much more hip 240D.  I really like the quieter W126.

Yeah, that's my guess too.  To the general public, the 123 has a
funky, retro, practical feel to it, like a Volvo 240.  But the 126 is
bigger than it needs to be, and its design (like that of the 124 and
201) is too modern to be hip---it smacks of conspicuous consumption.
Also, as a general rule, to normal people (not gearheads), cars from
the '70s are old enough to be thought of as classics, while most '80s
cars are just worn-out junk.

Alex Chamberlain