Ya, own is 100%
"NPD reported figures for January 2007, reporting on a quarter
billion dollars of MP3 players:
  NPD’s numbers only cover retailers that supply it with data, which
excludes Apple, Costco, online sales, and mail order outlets.

    1. Apple 72.7%
    2. Sandisk 8.9%
    3. Microsoft 3.2%
    4. Creative Labs 2.9%
    5. Samsung 2.0%

"

Oddly Apple sells lots of ipods at their Apple stores, plus at
costco, and online so likely that 72.7% is higher for the few
gazzillion ipods sold thru their channels not counted here.

On Jul 17, 2007, at 3:41 PM, Peter Frederick wrote:

> Apple doesn't own the music player business, and the EU is going to
> force them to open up services -- at that point, there are several
> other manufacturers that sell good ones (some of my friends already
> have them).  Cell phones, we shall wait and see, that one I don't
> think will work so well.
>
> Peter

John