I learned not to do that way back in the early days of
OS 9.x.  There were a few updates that they put out
that would break stuff.  Ouch.

I would say that their OS X updates are pretty
bulletproof, but some of the app updates, like iTunes,
can be hinky right out of the box.

And yes, you can certainly crash a Mac, but you can't
"force quit" on a PC like you can on a Mac....

MacDan

--- Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The thing about Mac guys is they generally jump to
> update everytime sometime comes available.
> I can remember at one point when I worked in tech
> support where my first call every day for 2 weeks
> was answered with "sorry but you shouldn't have
> upgraded the OS without asking us first."
> Apple had broken our software with an update and it
> took us a couple weeks to catch up.
> I'd say things like "lets turn off automatic
> updates" and then the next time an OS update came
> out we'd go through the SAME DANG THING...
>
> Anybody who tells you a Mac can't crash isn't using
> it hard enough. At NAB this year (big broadcaster's
> convention) I walked into the Apple booth and was
> looking for a seat when I happened to glance up and
> the Mac had crashed.
> That was in the Apple booth running Final Cut Pro...
>
> -Curt
>
> Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:53:23 -0500
> From: "OK Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] vista