I was going to say something about penguins but this is a family list.
Anyway I had a gutfull of the Micro$oft stuff ( I seem to spending half my
time on the computer trying to stop adware/malware/viruses and God knows
what else from taking over my box), I tried all the scanners and installed
the you beaut Billy Gates anti virus software (which has a 90 day free trial
and then you cough up cash because of their inability to build a good OS)
but crap still comes through.
So basically I have to give the computer a complete reboot to clean
everything but am sick of having to keep installing a mutitude of programs
just to keep XP running.
So I am seriously thinking of challenging myself to learn how to install/use
a linux OS, at the moment I am looking at Debian http://www.debian.org/
because it is free free, unlike some other UNIX based stuff. However Debian
is a huge download (22 cd's worth) but that is a truckload of programs, most
of which I will probably never even use or know what they are for.
However I did install openoffice and while it is a bit slower than office97,
it has a pooload more buttons to push and should kick bottom running on an
open OS.
Anyone with experience wanna give me some advice.
And to all the fruit lovers, not even thinking about biting into a Apple
because I have a recently upgraded intel box with a crappy OS sitting right
next to me and until Jobsy builds a OS to run on that I am not going to the
fruit and veg market.

Thanking you in advance,

Hendrik (I signed just in case Marshall keeps a Penguin or two)