Timely subject for us as well. The Hotpoint appliances in our new (c.
15 yr. old) house are all pretty poor. The washer has this mildewy
smell that I have not been able to irradicate despite thorough
cleaning with straight bleach.

We've been tempted by some craigslist stackable full-sized units,
which would of course have a front-loading washer.

I've been wondering how the thing can get the same amount of clothes
clean with less water, and wondering if the door on these designs will
eventually leak.

Brian