Welcome to the club that most of us belong to & few care to admit to.

Tom
www.kegkits.com

----Original Message----
From: Zeitgeist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 08/11/07 01:12 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Virtual Pillory: Come jeer at the idiot!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Hi, my name is Casey, and I'm an idiot.

Here's great fun for the whole family...

So, last week I was whining about my mal-performing AC, and dumbshitedly
assumed that my compressor was failing--WRONG!  Turns out that Mr Cathey
was
correct, when he pointed out that my needle valve on the high side might
be
improperly seated.  I was overcharged.  Once I bled off some
refrigerant, it
began working nice and peachy--cool.  Then, I augmented the effect by
having
my windows professionally tinted--also cool.

Then...I launched into my pièce de résistance; I began to finally
re-install
an auxiliary fan(s), which I'd removed during the intercooler
interlude--wouldn't fit anymore.  I've been without for about 2.5
years--not
smart.  But wait, it gets even not-smarter...

I ordered two little 9" SPAL units, along with various mounting options,
including little nifty stainless pins that fit between the fins and hold
the
fans (they're fairly lightweight) right tightly up against the
condenser.
They're so cute and alluring, that I couldn't resist.   By now, you've
probably figured out what happened next, haven't you?  Yes, that
gut-wrenching hiss and steamy cloud followed my third exploratory poke.

It's still venting as I type this...

--
Casey
'87 300TD intercooler/propane/biodiesel