So you are trying to tell me that cars are designed to kill
intentionally, I suppose you're argument would be that firearms are
designed only for self defense?
I suppose if you want to split hairs that is your prerogative but my way
of looking at it that cars are designed to transport people from A to B
and firearms are designed to fire a bullet at high speed at whatever you
point them at. What idiots do with either I can't help.
However if you want to dig into stats then go and look at the proportion
of gun ownership and gun deaths. Apparently the US and Canada have a
similar percentage of gun ownership but nowhere near the number of
related gun deaths. Why is this so? I have my theories but this is not a
gun discussion forum and as such might provoke as much hostility as
discussing politics or religion.
We are here primarily to discuss automotive things, particularly MB, but
also talk about other things every now and then.
I have had my knuckles rapped a few times for expressing my political
views, the basis being that discussion on that subject can lead to
heated arguments and as such I am happy to not impose my political or
religious views here. This is called civility, hopefully I am given the
same treatment when it comes to the subject of firearms.
You just never know, if we really all work hard together then one day we
can put away these machines of death and focus on the machines of life.