I never before heard of a wheel so tight it took driving with
loose lugs to get it loose fro the hub.  Wow.

How could anti sieze hurt?  Use it.  I use it on just about
everything unless the manufacturer specifies a sealer or
adhesive on the bolt or joint.  Anti sieze is one of the great
inventions of the age of old cars.

Don't put it on too thick, or it will run radially and could wind
up splattered on the brake dust inside the rim.  And the problem
then would be ?

Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:25:08 -0400
Subject: [MBZ] Stuck wheel!!!!!

 "E M" <[EMAIL PROTECTED], wrote

Took one of the wheels on the front of the W124 the other day. The guy in
shop had it on SO tight, I had to use a pipe on the wrench to get the bolts
off!!! Once the bolts were off, the wheel was stuck to the hub. AH! After
finally getting it off, but driving it, using the brakes hard and allowing
it to heat sink a little, oh yeah, plus some pounding on the tires with a
hammer against a piece of wood, it came off. There was some light rust on
the hub. I cleaned it off with steelwoo, and also the big of rust that was
on the aluminum rim. No, the rim didn't rust, hee hee, but the rim was on
so tight, the rust from the hub was imbedded in the rim!!

So, the question, I know we recently had a chat about anti-stick paste on
lug bolts, but what are the thoughts about some on the back of the rim,
where it meets the hub, or more accuratly, I guess it's the face of the
rotor? I do this with other cars with steel rims, but haven't do some in
the past with aluminum rims. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ed
300E