Hi John, yes, I'm sure you are right in that the added pressure is being
transfered to the tranny, though of course you don't see the high rpm until
the load is taken off the trans, and the car is parked.  Funny enough,
today, the problem seems to have been somewhat fixed, under similar driving
conditions.  I find these problems that come and go the most frustrating to
trace!
Ed
300E