No, I agree with your point Robert.  Torque figures are very accurate for a
reason, and I do my best to follow them and get as close to them as possible
at all times.  However, in my original post, I don't have a problem throwing
out a number like 250, as I've felt 200 before and this felt like more.
Reason I don't have a problem throwing out a nubmer like 250 is, I don't
really expect anyone to read it and think, oh, it can't take that, and to
prove it, I'll go out now and torque my wheels to 250.  Now, if asked how
tight to torque a lugnut, I would never say, oh, about 100 f/lbs., give or
take.  However, in the original context of my post, I think the use of 250
was ok. :-)

Ed
300E