Can't say for sure either way. I only know that a T-34 would flip around
acrobatically as much as I'd ever want to do. Never flew a Citabria. If it
is "better" than a T-34 than I'd never be the one to test its limits.

This much I know from experience -- a T-34 will go straight up in the air
(for a while), hang there on the prop (for a much more brief period than the
ride up), and then roll over wherever you want it depending on control
input.

The T-28 (flown only in VT-7 when I was there, and at that time [1981] they
were being phased out) was rumored to be even more fun. Never saw it happen
and certainly never did it myself, but "common knowledge" was that you could
put a T-28 into a vertical climb, run out of air speed, and hang there for a
God-awful length of time while the engine and prop thumbed its nose at
gravity.

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Wallpaper/Aircraft/NonCombatants/T28LowLevel.jpg

T-28 had (has) one R-1820 engine, exactly the same power plant that powered
my beloved Goat around on two engines. Unbelievable power to weight ratio on
that beast. Loud, a vibration factory, lots of hands to make the engine work
(mixture, throttle, supercharger, etc.) but supposedly a blast to fly. ...
Having had five years experience in Goats as a nav and as a mechanic at the
time I hit flight training, I elected to go with the tubroprop T-34C. -- One
control input: push forward, go fast; pull back, go slow. Plus, the T-34 had
A/C and the T-28 didn't.

On 9/4/07, OK Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I only rode in a T-34 once - and it was mostly straight and level
> flight. The Citabria is a much lighter and simpler plane, and that
> means more fun to me --
>
> On 9/4/07, Wonko the Sane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I wonder how that stacks up against a T-34C in way of performance and
> fun?
> >

> --
> OK Don, KD5NRO
> Norman, OK
> "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."
> -Benjamin Disraeli
> '90 300D, '87 300SDL, '81 240D, '78 450SLC, '97 Ply Grand Voyager

LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/

Make a small loan, Make a big difference - Kiva.org